Are you looking for a high suction powered, yet low maintenance vacuum cleaning machine? Look no further and scroll down for the detailed look of the iRobot Roomba 805.
Able to keep your house clean on a regular basis, the iRobot Roomba 805 is the best next thing that you could get for your house.
Who is iRobot?
Founded back in the ‘90s, iRobot has been always determined to turn robots into reality. The organization was meticulous and dedicated for creating better designs so that everyone gets an easier life.
iRobot is one of the most important and award-winning companies in the vacuum industry and its main focus hasn’t changed: creating robots that take the cleaning worries out of our mind.
What’s so special about iRobot Roomba 805- ?
Unlike the previous models, the iRobot Roomba 805- comes with the AeroForce Cleaning System which provides a powerful air suction as high as up to 5xs as other previous models.
Using the iRobot Roomba 805- is a breeze and you only need to click on the “CLEAN” button which is placed on top of it.
Do we like the design?
The iRobot Roomba 805- has one interesting design as it combines very different elements and it does have the shape of a wheel-shaped disk.
Coming in black, the iRobot Roomba 805- has a smooth and sleek design and you’re not going to spot it in your home as it’s really subtle.
It includes 3 round rings and a soft wall bumper, whereas its innermost is coated with the central processing unit. The access button is right on the top surface. In order to begin a cleaning session, you only need to place it on the floor and click on the button. A clean switch to start the machine is right in the top middle and it has a rather green color.
The disk is going to drive around the floor, cleaning the whole surface, unless there are any traps or stairs.
The iRobot Roomba 805- doesn’t make an exception and comes with a 3.6in clearance, navigating freely even under your furniture. It features tangle-free extractors so that hair doesn’t block the machine in any way. Its parts are also easy to remove for cleaning.
Lightweight (around 8.4 pounds) and portable, the iRobot Roomba 805- is going to clean your house nice and easy.
Is it easy to use?
The iAdapt Technology gives the iRobot Roomba 805- several sensors that drive it the right way, adjusting to your home constantly. It doesn’t fall down the stairs and completes its job with minimal risk for fall-offs. It’s also able to automatically change in floor types, going from carpet to laminate, tiling and hardwood.
You may schedule the cleaning up to 7 times per week or simply press the “Clean” button for starting a cleaning session.
It uses the dual mode virtual wall barriers so that it runs in the house without you worrying about it.
It’s quite common for people to wonder if the robot is actually able to navigate freely around your house.
Even if the dual mode virtual wall gates is going to help it drive to a specific area, it may only be able to clean only an enlarge space, without reaching to other rooms unless it “bumps” itself around a nook. If, by any chance, gets behind a door, it’s going to clog in a room.
Once it’s jammed, the iRobot Roomba 805- is going to sound once. If nobody comes to the rescue, an automated voice is going to let you know that you need to move it to another field in order to complete its cleaning job.
What are the main features?
Let’s take a closer look at its features as they give the overall quality of the iRobot Roomba 805- :
- It includes iAdapt Navigation which uses many sensors for navigation and adjusting to your home
- It features AeroForce high-efficiency filter which is going to trap up to 99% of pollen, allergens, and particles
- The Aero_force 3 Stage Cleaning System that ensures more than 50% of the cleaning performance
- You can schedule it up to 7x per week
- It includes tangle-free extractors for reducing the risk of hair/debris clogging
- It docks and charges automatically
- It’s able to avoid the stairs and other drop-offs
- It includes Li-Io battery which is long lasting
- It adjusts to all sorts of floor types (tile, carpet, laminate, hardwood and more)
- It’s lightweight and really portable
- It has a low profile and it’s really subtle
- It’s not very noisy, considering its strong suction power.
Even if the iRobot Roomba 805- is lightweight, you don’t want a vacuum cleaner to be too light as it’s not going to have a strong grip while going from one floor to the other, losing its suction power.
4 in high, the vacuum cleaner does fit under most sofas or mattresses.
Some common FAQs
If you didn’t get the clear picture of the iRobot Roomba 805– , maybe some FAQs are going to help you:
- Is it noisy?
A: considering its suction power, we can honestly say that the robot doesn’t get too noisy.
- Is it able to deal with small height transitions?
A: if it’s over ¾ in, it’s going to become and obstruction, whereas if it’s something up to 1/2in, the iRobot Roomba 805- isn’t going to slow down.
- Does it damage the furniture legs?
A: even if it may bump into them, it’s not going to damage your furniture items.
- Can it clean carpets with intricate patterns?
A: it does try its best.
What are the pros and cons?
There are many vacuuming products out there and only some of them are going to be able to clear your carpets and floors automatically.
Here are the things we like the most about it:
- It’s easy to operate
- It takes the use for a good amount of time
- It includes Edge Cleaning Functionality
- It comes with a durable Li-Io battery
- It has self-adjustment controls
- It docks and charges on its own
- It’s smart and has plenty of sensors so that the risk for drop-offs is minimal
- It features a front soft touch bumper
The downsides shouldn’t be deal breakers:
- If your room is messy, it may clog
- It’s not the quietest vacuum out there
- It only comes in black
What’s our final take?
The iRobot Roomba 805- is a useful machine that is going to sweep very well all sorts of floors around your house. It presents an impressive suction power and adjustable features, removing hair, wool and other debris that may worsen the quality of your environment. For a model more specialized in removing pet hair, see the recently launched e5.
Portable, lightweight and auto rechargeable, the iRobot Roomba 805- is here to help and you should simply take the plunge.